I am an Osteopath, Movement Teacher & Lecturer from the UK. Living and working in Seoul, South Korea.
Personal Movement & Meditation History (Very Briefly):
I travelled all over the world and tried to learn from as many different movement disciplines as possible. Selected disciplines include:
Shaolin Kung-fu, Freestyle Wrestling, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Judo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Add to that Qigong, Yoga, Dance, Weightlifting and Circus Arts (Mainly Aerial Silks – but I dabbled in Chinese Pole and some hand-balancing).
I have also been influenced by teachers such as Jon Yuen, Ido Portal, Steve Maxwell, Emmet Louis and Kit Laughlin – as well as from practices such as Fighting Monkey and Functional Range Conditioning.
I learnt to meditate from many different sources: Korean Zen; Tibetan Buddhist Traditions; Vipassana (insight) meditation and secular mindfulness practice.
Qualifications, Experience & Memberships: (In no particular order)
– Masters Degree in Osteopathy (M.ost),
– Registered Member of the General Osteopathic Council in the UK (GOsC) – Registration number 9046
– Member of the Osteopathic Sports Care Association, UK (OSCA)
– Master Trainer Diploma in personal training (Level 3 REPS),
– Certificate in Medical Acupuncture,
– Certificate in Taping Techniques & Strapping,
– Gross National Happiness (GNH) training in education & youth leadership (From the GNH Centre in Bhutan)
– Stretch Teacher Certificate in Stretch Therapy,
– Certification in Functional Movement Systems (FMS) level 1 & 2.
– Completed the OsteoMAP (Osteopathy, Mindfulness & Acceptance) programme at the British School of Osteopathy,
– Certificate from the MIT x U.Lab 1.1 programme in Theory-U Methodology
– Former member of the Tokei Wrestling Club (Registered with the BWA)
– Wrestling & Grappling training with international competitors and world champions
– Completed United World Wrestling’s ‘Ready to Wrestle’ Programme
– Various First Aid Qualifications
– Various conferences and workshops
– Almost 10 Years of Personal Training & Movement coaching experience
– A decade of meditation and mindfulness practice